The ADS1291, ADS1292, and ADS1292R are multichannel, simultaneous sampling, 24-bit, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with a built-in programmable gain amplifier (PGA), internal reference, and an onboard oscillator.
The ADS1291, ADS1292, and ADS1292R incorporate all features commonly required in portable, low-power medical electrocardiogram (ECG), sports, and fitness applications.
With high levels of integration and exceptional performance, the ADS1291, ADS1292, and ADS1292R enable the creation of scalable medical instrumentation systems at significantly reduced size, power, and overall cost.
The ADS1291, ADS1292, and ADS1292R have a flexible input multiplexer per channel that can be independently connected to the internally-generated signals for test, temperature, and lead-off detection. Additionally, any configuration of input channels can be selected for derivation of the right leg drive (RLD) output signal. The ADS1291, ADS1292, and ADS1292R operate at data rates up to 8 kSPS. Lead-off detection can be implemented internal to the device, using the device internal excitation current sink/source. The ADS1292R version includes a fully integrated respiration impedance measurement function.
The devices are packaged in a 5-mm × 5-mm, 32-pin thin quad flat pack (TQFP). Operating temperature is specified from –40°C to +85°C.
- Two Low-Noise PGAs and
Two High-Resolution ADCs
(ADS1292 and ADS1292R)
- Low Power: 335 µW/channel
- Input-Referred Noise: 8 µVPP
(150-Hz BW, G = 6)
- Input Bias Current: 200 pA
- Data Rate: 125 SPS to 8 kSPS
- CMRR: –105 dB
- Programmable Gain: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, or 12
- Supplies: Unipolar or Bipolar
- Analog: 2.7 V to 5.25 V
- Digital: 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- Built-In Right Leg Drive Amplifier, Lead-Off Detection, Test Signals
- Integrated Respiration Impedance Measurement (ADS1292R)
- Built-In Oscillator and Reference
- Flexible Power-Down, Standby Mode
- SPI™-Compatible Serial Interface
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to +85°C